Sunday, January 4, 2015

4 Jan 2015 (15 days after The Day)

4:52 am -

  So I dreamt last night that Jan was alive and she and I had a disagreement.  I felt in the dream the same way I always felt after any disagreement.  Funny but that was good to help me function today.  I will be going to attend church today.  This will be an interesting step for me and my family.

I'm going over my wife's email.  I'm trying to get caught up on all aspects of our home that she was involved with.  She liked to subscribe to lots of company emails.   I spent about an hour deleting over 500+ ads from various stores.  I spent another removing her registration from these stores.

My wife was also involved in schooling our kids and I am swamped with all that was involved there.  Suffice it to say I am humbled by all that she did.


9:54 pm -

Today was another wave of sadness.  I suppose it will come in waves.  We all went to church and then to see Claire.  It was good.  My kids had to wear protective clothing and face masks to protect Claire from infection.  This was the first time my kids were all together.  The first family pic.  :-)  We all smiled.


It was simple joy that came during our visit to see Claire.  Once back home the reality hit me and some of my kids again.  It just goes in waves.  To quote Tom Hanks in the movie Cast Away - "Tomorrow I have to keep breathing because the sun will rise and who knows what the tide will bring."