Monday, January 12, 2015

12 Jan 2015 (23 days after The Day)

7:54 am -

Well, Emma awoke without fever.  Ammon still has fever.  Madilyn is still sleeping and grandma and I are up.  We are excited to get Claire and bring her home.  We have quarantined our kids in their rooms until they are symptom free. 

I'm on my way to work and will attempt getting some things accomplished.  It is different now.  My priorities in life seem to have shifted.  Don't get me wrong, I still love my job.... I just have a different viewpoint.  As Robin Williams taught his class in the movie Dead Poets Society to stand on their desktop... so it is with my life.  Different perspectives shift your actions.

Gone are the rote actions of a then robotic Rob.  I desire to improve my relationships with people.  After all... people are what matter.

5:50 pm -

Well, we went and got Claire.  She is sleeping in her new bed!  :-)  She slept the entire way home.  I'm getting everything organized on where the diapers and wipes need to be.  I know... I know... a little late.  My wife would just laugh at me.  Claire is sleeping and I am enjoying her being at home.  I'm sure there will me more updates later in the day.  Yay!!

10:53 pm -

So I fed her and gave her the medicine she is on.  She took the meds once we got going but getting there left a portion on her and not in her.  Oh well... she is good.  I played some Debussy for her on my phone and wept.  I then played some Dave Brubeck (Take 5).  I figured she could get a little of both mom and dad's music.  She enjoyed both.  She slept.  I slept and now I'm up for the 11:00 pm  feeding.  Grandma is taking the 3 am slot. 

More tomorrow.  :-)