Thursday, January 29, 2015

29 Jan 2015 (40 days after The Day)

Forty days.  Wow.  Seems like yesterday.  Forty days of pain and sorrow.  Wow.  How is that for an opening line?  So cheery.  I'm tired and getting busy with work again.  That is healing.  I am also busy here at the house.  New roof is being put on tomorrow.  Nothing like a new roof being installed with a newborn in the home.  I think I will have Grandma take Claire somewhere tomorrow to get out of the house.  I just laughed at myself yesterday when I had to pick the color for my roof.  I mean, I'm a grown man and I struggled with picking a color.  I never realized how dependent I was on Jan.  How embarrassing!  Well, I haven't purchased clothing for myself yet so that will be fun.

A common feeling I am having is waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I feel like there is something that has yet to happen.  So, regarding all that has transpired with Jan, I feel like something will happen soon that will be just as big.  I don't know what or if anything would happen but it is a looming feeling that I cannot shake.  It is weird.  I suppose with the events of late (my dad and Jan passing, Claire's medical stuff, my car battery) I just feel like this run of events is not yet over.  You know... my watch battery died on 12/15/2014.  I haven't gone to get it repaired yet and the watch reminds me of Jan so it is a little difficult to get it repaired.  Before she passed I told her the watch died and she mentioned that I needed to just take it in.  So, every day I look at my bedside table and see this watch that has stopped working.  I guess it just represents me in a way.  Looks normal on the outside but fails to function on the inside.

I have another wave of exhaustion I'm dealing with.  Claire is eating more and that is good.  I'm excited that she is getting better.