Tuesday, April 28, 2015

28 April 2015 (129 days after The Day)

I decided to go on a walk today and listen to music.  I figured I would walk until my mind relaxed enough to feel a little.  I walked about 3 miles and I think I was able to relax some but I don't think I processed much.

Sine Jan's passing my reading has slipped.  I was reading at least a book a month.  My family and I have read a couple of books but I personally am still reading the one I purchased right after Jan's death.  I still have not finished it.  My bedroom is overflowing with stuff.  If someone met me today they would probably think I have some issues with hoarding but that isn't the case.  It just takes energy to process everything and so my first instinct is to just make a pile and deal with it later.  Perhaps this is a visual to what is going on in my head with my emotions. 

Claire smiles at me when she sees me and that brightens my day.  It is amazing how the simple act of smiling can be contagious.  I wonder how much I smile during the day.  I have found that love, service, smiling, and laughter are all healing to my soul.

Until tomorrow -