Sunday, April 5, 2015

05 April 2015 (106 days after The Day)

Happy Easter!

The day was yet another day I stumbled through.  I completely spaced getting any kind of Easter basket of goodies.  No.  That was something Jan did and something I just completely forgot.  So, I suppose my kids had a real lesson on Easter.  They awoke to find nothing.  I know that is a lame excuse to not have baskets and in all honesty I just completely forgot.  I am working to improve that but it is further down in queue.  I'm still working on smaller but normal issues ... like shopping for food.  I found I can knock that out during my lunch hour but it takes a bit of planning.  I found that Amazon is my friend for some products allowing me to ship it to an address that will be safe until I can pick it up later.   I am still trying to figure out how to juggle the kids activities.  I really just need to clone myself.

So, today I watched the second half of the semi-annual general conference that my church broadcasts.  I have a Roku at my home and picked up the right channel to stream it live.  That is convenience.  I found that I was bitter during the broadcast.  I think maybe that this was one of the "firsts" that I have to go through.  First Easter.  First General Conference.  I snapped at my kids again and ended up apologizing.  I guess I am getting good at that.  I am striving to just calm myself and today proved difficult in that area.  I just feel a bit cheated with how things turned out.  I keep reminding myself that those feelings and frustrations are not helpful to my kids and they are in pain too.

Madilyn and I took a moment and went through a tutorial on the Arduino.  For those that don't know the Arduino is like adult Legos but using electrical circuits.  We both read the tutorial and followed the instructions.  I think this will be a great learning tool for her.  I am excited for her.  She and Ammon have gobs of ideas.  The first is creating a misting tool to spray the cats so they don't meow at the door.  One cat has a bad habit since she was first born of just meowing ALL THE TIME.  Much of this has been addressed with getting her spayed and then medication later.  She has an over active thyroid making her constantly hungry.  I think it is funny the things that inspire my kids to learn.  Apparently a cat that meows all the time is doing the trick.

I recall Jan feeling like she didn't want to go to sleep because tomorrow would come faster.  I thought that was odd at the time but I totally get it now.  More challenges and trials.  This is the first time today that the house is quiet and I need that.  I was able to clean up the mountain of papers in my kitchen and so far I have the living room and kitchen somewhat in order.  That is progress.

I am tired.  I'm going to bed.