Saturday, April 11, 2015

10 April 2015 (111 days after The Day)

I forgot how long of a drive it was to Lubbock.  Phew.  I then drove by my old homes.  The first home Jan and I purchased that was a foreclosure and fixed up and the very first home we ever lived in which was a 816 sq/ft rental home.  The neighborhoods looked very similar.  It was very tough seeing these homes.  Lots of memories.  Lots of emotion.  I probably looked like a stalker taking pictures of these homes but they just brought back a gob of music.

I then went on campus and walked to all the main areas where Jan and I would be.  That was really really tough.  I took a detour and stopped by the advising center where I worked when I went there.  The entire staff had turned over so nobody knew who I was.  I asked if they were still using the AXIS software system I wrote and they were!  The was able to speak with the director there about AXIS and before I knew it I ended up talking to a few different people about it.  I was just blown away that it is still being used.  How cool is that!?!

I tracked down some of my old work associates that had moved jobs and popped in on them.  It was very good catching up.

I went to the memorial and that was very hard on me.  I saw everyone from both sides of his family and it was very good to see everyone.  It was both happy and sad.  I went to dinner afterwards with my friend's wife and a couple of her friends.  By the time the night ended I was completely exhausted.

I don't think I really stopped to feel much.