Saturday, April 18, 2015

18 April 2015 (119 days after The Day)

11:12 am -

So today I made an interesting observation.  I am forgetting about Jan.  I really am.  It is like a dream.  I think it was real but I just don't remember.  I think that is God's way of helping me get through this.  Perhaps I will have memories return later but now I just cannot take them.  It is just too painful.

9:33 pm -

I went for a walk today.  Actually it was more like wandering around the neighborhood.  I didn't even put on exercise clothing.  I just had on my jeans, long-sleeve shirt, ball cap, and RedWing shoes.  I'm sure I looked a bit out of place but I was comfortable so that worked for me.  I felt like I was on the edge of breaking down as I walked.  I was able to go through the walking trails to clear my head a bit.  It was calming but it was also just a moment of peace.  I suppose I should just appreciate the moment.

Claire decided to wake up as it was time for her to sleep.  Here is a pic as I attempted to get her to sleep.


She is finally asleep.  I really like that she smiles at me all the time.  I need that more than anything right now.  It is healing.  I'm going to watch a show and head to bed.