Sunday, April 12, 2015

12 April 2015 (113 days after The Day)

Well, today I set a date for Madilyn's baptism and Claire's baby blessing.  It will be April 25 and 26th.  At church we believe a child can be baptized at the age of 8 and older.  This is because we believe they need to know the difference between right and wrong and make that decision on their own.  With Madilyn, Jan and I took time and wanted to ensure she understood what she was doing.  I can honestly say I believe she is making this decision on her own and not out of any other outside influence.  I'm sure Jan will also be in attendance with such a happy day.

Today I did something I have never done.  I took time to do something just for me.  I went on a walk.. alone.  I walked about 3 miles and just took my time.  I thought my mind would swirl in the memories of Jan.  They didn't.  I did think of her when I got to a park we would take the kids to.  I recall some of the fun memories we made racing each other on the track.  I smiled as I walked by those areas.  I've been thinking on my friend's death and how tragic the entire situation is.  It is a bit difficult for me because again I reflect on those I have been really close with in my life and find myself alone.  I anticipated this may occur in my life but I assumed I would be in my 80's.  I am left to think "now what?"  I am at a crossroads so to speak and working out how to move forward. 

Tomorrow is therapy.  I want to heal and at the same time it is a bitter cup to drink.