Monday, April 6, 2015

06 April 2015 (107 days after The Day)

Well another "how did I get through that?" type of day is drawing to a close.  Claire has started sleeping more during the day.  Tonight she started her big feed schedule as normal around 6 and just flat refused to burp.  By 8:00 I had to give her medicine and around 8:15 after taking more milk... the gurgle started.  That infamous gas bubble that only ends in an eruption.  I didn't have time to get to the sink so I just tried to aim it more on me so I could easily clean it up rather than have it all over the furniture.  My kids were like "ewwwww! That's Gross!!"  I told them they all had done this.  Madilyn cleaned up the milk that she emptied from her stomach and I got her changed.  Claire had this silly grin on her face when I was changing her.  She just felt better.  Who wouldn't?!  The life of a parent.  Memories that just make you smile later on.  I'm sure my kids will never let Claire forget the time she puked all over me.  As I type this I smile.

My mom is heading back up to my home.  Her lung collapsed a few weeks ago and she got patched up.  She is now heading North again towards the end of this week.  It will be good to see her again.

I have felt like Jan is close these days.  No way to explain it other than a feeling like if I had my eyes closed I would swear she was in the room but when I open them it is just me and my kids.  Anyways.... it is a good feeling.

I'm off to do some laundry and then to bed.  More adventures to come tomorrow I am sure.