Friday, April 3, 2015

03 April 2015 (104 days after The Day)

I found out late last night that the memorial service for my childhood friend would be this morning.  I just didn't know how to get there having to juggle my kids.  I went to sleep last night sad and frustrated.  This morning I awoke to find out that there is also a viewing going on five hours away from where I was.  I just miss my friend and I wish I could have seen him one last time.  I guess I feel like my kids do not being able to see their mother at the funeral.  It sucks.

I went by Jan's grave this afternoon.  Some of the dirt looked turned over.  I don't know what that was about.  I plucked a couple of budding roses from our rose bush and placed it on her mound of dirt.  I wept as I had a conversation.  I just really want this "lesson" to be over.  I miss her terribly. 

Tomorrow is another packed day of activities.  I'm tired.