Tuesday, April 7, 2015

07 April 2015 (108 days after The Day)

We all went to group counseling tonight.  I was able to get someone to watch Claire so this was the first time I was able to really participate in the group.  It was really good to hear from others the very challenges I am facing.  I didn't feel so alone.  Everyone there had a spouse that had passed away.  All different types of ways but the reality of what that means resonated with everyone.  It was good to be able to go.

So, again I find myself sitting in this rocking chair typing away.  Tonight we discussed forgiveness as it relates to grief.  One of the epiphanies I had was that often it is difficult to grieve if you feel justified to not forgive.  I went through this with the death of my father and it took a while before I was ready to really let go.  I don't believe I have any grudges with Jan.  Sure, I am frustrated that she is not here but I am very glad she is in a place of healing.  I would much rather her be whole there than shattered here.

I'm off to do some schedule planning so until tomorrow -