Monday, April 13, 2015

13 April 2015 (114 days after The Day)

Another whirlwind of a day.  Tons of projects moving concurrently at work, grandma gets Ammon to Tae Kwon Do, and then get the lawn mowed.  After getting cleaned up and eating dinner my kids notice a neighbors cat in a tree.  I guess I am a sucker for my kids pleading.  We head over to the neighbors to coordinate getting the cat and luckily the neighbor indicated that the cat in the tree is a normal thing and he comes down at night.  So we watch a few short videos as a family and then get everyone in bed.  Claire decides to wake up and grandma and I take turns getting her asleep.  So, here it is at 10 pm and I am just now sitting alone in the living room.

I've been thinking about life after death.  If our loved ones are really hanging out with us after death I wonder what they do.  The thought of Jan hanging out with me and the kids brings a bit of comfort and also sadness.  I miss her terribly.  What will I say when I see her again?  I have a feeling that there is nothing I can say that will be news to her.