Wednesday, April 22, 2015

22 April 2015 (123 days after The Day)

Today was overall ok.  I am looking forward to when Claire goes in for another EEG.  That is scheduled for this Friday.  I am hopeful that she is on the mend.  She definitely recognizes my voice and looks for me when she hears me.  When she and I make eye contact sometimes it takes a moment of me talking but then it "clicks" and she gives a bashful smile.  She is so very cute.

Tonight I was dancing in the kitchen with Madilyn and trying to show her normal slow dance positions with your hands and feet.  Anyway, Ammon came in and did something I forgot all about.  When Jan and I would say goodby after lunch or any other time she would normally walk me to the door and give me a hug and a kiss.  During this moment Ammon would run up and wedge himself between us.  It became a comical expectation that we would have company every time we hugged.  This same situation occurred tonight but instead of my wife and I hugging it was Madilyn and me dancing.  That one moment brought back a flood of memories that I had forgotten.  I felt both happy and sad.  I suppose a lot of my memories are happy and sad.

Here it is again ... past 10 pm and I just now have a quiet moment.  I think I will have to do something early during the day if I want some 'me' time.

Well, I am off to bed.  I'm missing Jan and her company.  I'm missing our conversations.