Thursday, February 26, 2015

26 Feb 2015 (68 days after The Day)

Today was one of those days that flew by.  It is 10:15 pm and I am just now getting a moment to breathe.  I realize this new chapter is starting out very lonely.  I also realize that there is more depth to the love we all have for each other in my family.  My daughter and I were talking and I asked her if she would love mom more or the same as the last time she saw her when we see her again one day?  She said more.  I agreed that I would too.  I believe it is because of the pain and sorrow we have experienced that this has expanded our ability to feel.  To appreciate more.  I have had the opportunity to travel to other countries and it was a similar feeling.  I just realize how blessed we are when we see others with so little.  This understanding is great but what a cost!  I wish it didn't have to be this way.  I would love to plug up a cord to my head and download all the lessons life has to offer without experiencing them and at the same time first hand experience is sobering.  I've had a difficult time focusing on the positive lately.  I recognized today that the sting of Jan's departure has lessened and I hope this trend continues.  So perhaps that is something to be thankful for.  All I know is my exhaustion is steadfast.

 

#depthoflove #costofappreciation