Sunday, February 15, 2015

15 Feb 2015 (57 days after The Day)

So today was another whirlwind of emotion.  I had an opportunity to talk to someone who lost their mother at a young age.  It was very healing to hear what her impressions were at such a young age.  She both calmed and confirmed fears of mine.  I believe this event is just one that will play out one day at a time.  I keep hearing that time heals and that is comforting but it also sucks because every time I want time to speed up it seems to go slower.

I took all the kids to see Jan's grave today.  It was the first time Emma, Madilyn, and Ammon were together to go see the grave since the burial.  It was good for all of us to have gone there.

So, to continue my list:

41.)  I am thankful that Valentine's Day is over.  This was, as expected, a tough holiday for me.  I'm glad it is over.
42.)  I am thankful for grandma to help make Valentine's Day a positive experience for my kids.
43.)  I am thankful for a t-shirt Emma got me that touched my heart.
44.)  I am thankful for a work discussion I had with my sister to elaborate on some of the challenges that exist in the business/IT relationship.  Yes, it was work related but I enjoy talking about this stuff so it was a welcomed break from my normal thought processes.
45.)  I am thankful for Holy Temples that pronounce eternal marriages.  Jan's passing has me reflecting on that fact and I take comfort in it.
46.)  I am thankful for a squirrel that has taken up residence in a bird house in our tree.  We got a good laugh today as he/she poked its head out of the hole to just check out what was going on.
47.)  I am thankful for social media that enables friends from times past to connect together.  I value all that I have made over the years.
48.)  I am thankful for the camera on Jan's phone that captured so many good pictures of our family.
49.)  I am thankful for the camera on my phone to that captured so many good pictures of our family.
50.)  I am thankful for the microphone on my phone that captured so many funny audio clips of my family.  Treasures to be kept for sure.