Wednesday, February 18, 2015

18 Feb 2015 (60 days after The Day)

Today I had some feeling moments.  They are tough but not as stinging as before.  That is good.  Every feeling day leaves me feeling exhausted. 

71.) I am thankful for exhaustion.  Feeling like this helps me appreciate when I am not.  I also can sympathize with those that are exhausted.  I have had my share of being tired but sixty straight days is just really tough.
72.) I am thankful for cool winter air that cleans the lungs.
73.) I am thankful for symbolism of good character traits.  We have a small stature of Joan of Arc that Jan received sometime in her life before we were married and I think this statue symbolizes many of the virtues Jan holds dear.
74.) I am thankful for smiles.  Smiles and yawns are contagious and I find myself smiling when others are smiling.  It really does help brighten my day.
75.) I am thankful for craftsmen/women who sign their name to a product.  I think of Lockheed Martin's tradition where the chief aircraft engineers put their wallet and car keys in a pouch that is put in the cabin of every test flight.  That is ownership.
76.)  I am thankful for electricity.  This seems silly but I just take this for granted.  I look around and nearly everything in my home is powered or cared for in some way by electricity.
77.)  I am thankful for being able to take big breaths.  I recall times where I had the wind knocked out of me not being able to breathe.  Breathing is important and breathing deep is invaluable when you need oxygen.
78.)  I am thankful for healing bodies.   It seems our bodies will do what they need to heal as long as we get out of the way.  I am amazed by that.
77.)  I am thankful not to be a slave.  Treating another human as an object is probably one of the worst things we as humans can do to one another.
78.)  I am thankful for sweet comments from my children.
79.)  I am thankful for pure compassion my children have for me and each other during this tough time.
80.)  I am thankful for the opportunity I had to share what I thought someone should give for valentines day.  It would be what I would give and what I never did.  A gift from the heart and a letter expressing my honest and true feelings of love and gratitude.  I may have butchered some things while Jan was alive but if I can assist any of my friends I feel like I am helping.