Tuesday, February 24, 2015

24 Feb 2015 (66 days after The Day)

Today almost seemed like a normal day with one exception.  Every day I get ready for the day and I look in the bathroom closet and see a box containing letters Jan and I mailed to each other before we were married.  This box is clear plastic and I can easily see Jan's handwriting on the letters.  The box is buried underneath other boxes but this morning I dug it out and pulled out a couple of letters.  Some were of high school time period and others were college.  In reading them I found our love and care for each other never wavered.  It just became deeper.  It was nice to read them even though the letters were about 20 years old.  I don't have a current letter other than a holiday card but her communication was the same.  She was filled with encouragement, love, and support.  I suppose you could say her love was steadfast.

My family and I finished the book "Out of my mind" and now Madilyn will pick the next.  I started listening to a couple of different books and have found enjoyment in that.  My phone decided to start to die so I will take a moment in the coming days to transfer all the audio clips off my phone and store them permanently.  I think I'll get a normal flip phone or something.  I find that my phone is just attached to me in such a way that I can't function without it.  Something is off with that so I am just getting a small phone and will break away from the hold that small electronic device has on me.

101.)  I am thankful for these sweet letters I found.  They really do bring joy to my heart.
102.)  I am thankful for time.  It really is helping the sting to not be so intense.
103.)  I am thankful for the safety of all that traveled at work today.  Many witnessed accidents because of the ice.
104.)  I am thankful that I did not fall down with the ice today.  Some walkways were so filled with ice that I really did skate down the path.
105.)  I am thankful for my kids desire for learning.  I hope it is for a lifetime.

#letters #books #thanks