Monday, February 23, 2015

23 Feb 2015 (65 days after The Day)

So another wave of sadness has hit me.  It isn't as intense but it just is weird.  I just am having a difficult time believing this is all happening.  I see it happening but it is just hard to believe.

The sleet that fell left about an inch of fun waiting to happen for my kids after school today.  After dinner I promised them I would go outside with them to play and we did.  We took a couple of cardboard boxes and took turns sliding down our lawn to the street.  Our lawn was effectively an ice rink so we all had a blast.  Then the kids took turns pelting me with ice.  It was fun even though it hurt.  Ice began to attach to my hair on my head so I had to go inside for a better jacket with a hood.  Then my glasses fogged up which left me defenseless to the flying ice.  We all had fun.  I was without gloves so I only got one throw in before I couldn't feel my hands.  Days like this bring good memories.  Jan would always laugh at me and the kids romping around in the snow.  Today was no different.  I'm sure Jan got a good laugh.

So the author of the painting, Michael Peterson, posted it on Facebook so I assume it is ok to post here.  It was painted after the image to the right. 


I love Jan's pic in the background.  It really just captures her smile.  I think he got her smile from the photo below


So... I am going to sleep tonight with her on my mind.  I miss Jan.  She really is my best friend.

#grief #snowmemories