Monday, February 16, 2015

16 Feb 2015 (58 days after The Day)

Another day gone.  Seems that "normal" today is very different from the past.  I got my car back from the shop and will now take it to get a little body work done.  Once that is done I'll get it detailed and then sell it.  Just one of many tasks I'm trying to juggle.  I need to get an appointment with Social Security too.  I hear there may be benefits for my kids.  If so, great but I am not holding my breath.

I purchased Minecraft for my kids to play.  They are enjoying the break that it offers.  I even joined in a little.  I'm not much of a "gamer".  I played a game once that tracked how long I had played.  The game said I played it for over 40 hours so I just quit.  I can't imagine playing a game that long even though it was just an hour here and an hour there.  I figured I would rather spend 40 hours in reality although these days living in virtual reality has its benefits!  Anyway, I enjoyed an hour of Minecraft with my kids and we all had a good laugh as I was doing everything "wrong" in the game.

So, some things I am thankful for:

51.)  I am thankful for my children's laughter.  It brings a smile to my face even when I don't feel like smiling.
52.) I am thankful for video games that can bring families together.  Tonight was filled with good memories.  The only better one was with Jan and I trying to do Wii Sports (tennis) with each other.  Ah... that still makes me laugh.
53.) I am thankful for photos.  Being able to just look around my home and capture moments in life with Jan and/or my kids fill me with happiness.
54.) I am thankful for quilts that are so heavy they feel like you are pinned into the bed.  For some reason heavy quilts are comforting to me on winter nights.  (my wife would argue that I would take a heavy quilt during the summer too... which is probably true)
55.) I am thankful for Claire's baby sounds.  They (the non-crying type) are soothing.
56.) I am thankful for Jan's ability to speak her mind.  I always knew how she felt about something.
57.) I am thankful for my limited commute.  The time saved was spent with my family and those are moments I cherrish.
58.) I am thankful for good family memories as a kid.  My sisters and I have some of the funniest growing up memories that I cherish.
59.) I am thankful for honest people in the world.  It seems silly but honesty seems to be rare these days. 
60.) I am thankful for growing up with only my Mom as my parent.  My father's view on life was so different from my mothers that I wonder if they hadn't gotten a divorce where my views would be on life.  I believe they would be very different in a negative way.