Monday, February 2, 2015

02 Feb 2015 (44 days after The Day)

Claire is doing well.  We took her for a well check today and they said she is gaining weight and whatever we are doing to keep it up.  Grandma took a picture of her in the car on the way home and she looks less than amused.

I love her hair though.  It is all over the place!  Her look is wonderful.  She has the Jan intensity look.  The "I don't find what you are doing amusing" look.  She looked at me today.  I mean really really looked at me.  Normally she looks over my shoulder or above my head but today she stared directly into my eyes for the first time for a very long time.  She smiled.  I needed that.

I had some friends over tonight and it was good to laugh again.  That was much needed.  Times like this I just wish Jan was here to enjoy their company as well. 

Claire has been fighting gas pains again and needless to say she is exhausted from crying.  She took a full bottle tonight so hopefully she is able to get some rest.  The Dr. said this should stop by 3 months.  I hope so for everyone's sanity.

Jan and I had our bathroom put back together after being disassembled for about 3 years due to a water leak.  After getting it all back together I noticed outside that the water from the shower is leaking outside.  You know, normally I would be so upset at this.  I really don't care to spend any energy on this.  It will get fixed like anything else.  I am just inconvenienced for a while for my bathroom to be ripped back up.  You know, statistics are in my favor to have a really good year this year.  Here is hoping for it!