Thursday, February 12, 2015

12 Feb 2015 (54 days after The Day)

Claire has decided to wake up when someone lays her down.  I think it will be a long night.

I think on the challenges that parenthood offer for infants.  Tears from the infant that lead to tears from the adult. 

Ok, I got her down for the night.  Today was a challenge.  I was able to get some work done and I was able to get some details ironed out for my wife's school she founded.  It was again difficult to turn over some of the core aspects of the website.  Just letting go of that was like letting go of my wife again.  I get the impression that Jan is ok.  I know it sounds weird but I have a bit of peace on this subject and I just feel everything will be ok.

So, adding to the list from yesterday -

11 - I am thankful for the friendships my children have made.
12 - I am thankful for the support complete strangers have given us.
13 - I am thankful for financial support given by those that have viewed this site.  I am humbled and very appreciative.  I am without words to adequately express my thanks.
14 - I am thankful for the quiet time before going to sleep.  While it is difficult for me it also helps me reflect on life and gives  me an opportunity to feel.
15 - I am thankful for a bed big enough to accommodate my kids when they are frightened.
16 - I am thankful for my faith
17 - I am thankful for my journaling - it has helped me process my thoughts and feelings
18 - I am thankful for my cats - I don't even care for cats but over the years they have grown on me.
19 - I am thankful for the trees that surround my home.  When we lived in Houston we had very little trees in our neighborhood because it was new.  My home is surrounded by trees.  This brings peace to my thoughts.
20 - I am thankful for the wildlife that are in the neighborhood because of the forests.  This brings entertainment for my children and peace to me.

Overall I believe I am beginning the upward climb to health.  It has been difficult but yesterday I feel there was a shift.  I'm hoping it is permenant.