Sunday, March 29, 2015

29 March 2015 (99 days after The Day)

So today marks 100 days since The Day.  I don't know if that means anything other than a number.  It does represent Claire's 100th day of life.  My kids and I went to church and Claire was really good.  She just ate her bottles and smiled at me.  I swear I am being blessed with how she acts.  I can be falling apart and I look at her and she just grins at me.  Those little smiles do wonders for me. 

I have been neglecting my home.  I have been neglecting many things in my attempts to get things in order.  I spent a few minutes feverishly cleaning up for one of Jan's roommates in college to drop by from out of town.  Lori Dockrey is really a blessing from the Lord on our little family.  We call her Aunt Lori as she has known Jan and I since our freshmen year in college which seems to be only yesterday but in reality was about 19 years ago.  We had a good visit and my kids really enjoyed her time here.

Emma and Madilyn are watching Gone with the Wind for a discussion tomorrow and I am sitting outside my son's room as he goes to sleep.  It seems every day is like the next and there is no difference between them.  I think about doing something for myself and so far that amounts to taking Claire to the store grocery shopping.  I'm sure that will change as she gets older.

We have a big day tomorrow and I hope Claire is able to get some sleep.  I will be purchasing another car seat so I can leave it with the person who will be watching Claire.  We had one that we gave to goodwill years ago replacing it with the behemoth one we had to special order for Ammon because of his size.  That seat is mounted in our van and because of its sheer size and the effort needed to secure it we will get a second seat for the person caring for Claire.  That is on the 'to-do' list for tomorrow.

I'm emotionally spent and ready for some rest.