Friday, March 20, 2015

20 March 2015 (90 days after The Day)

So we just got back from Claire's first road trip.  We went to Houston for a few days.  I had to attend a meeting and Claire and the kids got a chance to visit with Grandma and Aunt Marie and Aunt Kristyn.  They all had a blast and want to return ASAP.  Claire is a good traveler.  We stopped at a half-way point and I fed her milk.  The same on the way back.  She traveled very very well.  Emma and Madilyn would scream their heads off but not Claire.  She was talking and sharing some story with Emma, Madilyn, and Ammon.  It was cute.

I arrived back here very tired.  I received a seat spring in the mail for our glider and spent about 30 minutes changing that out.  I'm happy to have the glider back in working order.  I will sleep well tonight I am sure.  I am wondering how long I will miss Jan.  I guess it will be forever.  I am missing her tonight.  Normally after trips like this we would spend time talking.  Even on the trip I would drive and she would sleep and sometimes talk.  I miss that.

I forgot my bottle warmer in Houston so I will be warming milk the old fashion way... using hot water on the stove.  Claire drank a ton of milk so I am hoping she sleeps well tonight.  Tomorrow I clean the house and attempt to get things somewhat back in order.