Wednesday, March 4, 2015

04 March 2015 (74 days after The Day)

So this is day 2 of my kids being sick.  It looks like I will be getting help tomorrow and the outlook is positive for this next week.  I just realize that I have to either 1.) be OK with a messy house or 2.) have someone help me.  With my kids sick I am just buried with all the needs that they have while holding Claire.  During the evening times it is difficult to clean up and be quiet.  I just do not want to wake up Claire.  My back needs a rest from walking with her.  At anyrate, I am hopeful to get something arranged to help my mom when she comes back.  She is doing well.  She is recovering quite well made a few laps with a walker in the hospital.  The doctor wants her to double the laps tomorrow.

I'm tired of my home being completely overrun by stuff.  I was channel surfing on Netflix once and came across the show "Hoarders".  I was about to scream with some of the stuff I saw and I look around and my home is turning into that!  So, I'm not saying I like scarcity but I am saying the jazz saying of "less is more" applies to my home too.

I met with my counselor today to discuss Ammon and Madilyn.  One of the things that was shared was that Ammon will begin to forget Jan.  I don't know why... but I just wept when she told me that.  I know at 6 he will probably not have a ton of memories but I am doing all I can think of to keep them fresh in his mind.  I hope as an adult he remembers his mom.  Jan's love for Ammon was so strong.  It just pains me that his memories may fade.  So... on with getting the new normal established.  Once I get childcare established for Claire I think I will feel a bit better.  Right now I just have a lot of weight on my shoulders.