Friday, March 6, 2015

06 March 2015 (76 days after The Day)

So everyone is caughing.  Everyone is sick except for Claire.  She just smiles and makes sweet baby sounds.  Here is a new pic I took a couple of days ago.  All my kids have some way of moving around their bed.  Emma rotated in the bed as she slept, Madilyn kicked and flailed, Ammon slept sideways or on top of you, and Claire seems to do the inchworm until she is at the end of her bed.  Her head started off below where her butt is.  She is one happy kid and I am extremely grateful. 



My mom is out of surgery and has a 6 week recovery in Houston.  This time being alone has been humbling.  I am seriously impressed with single moms and dads who raise kids on their own.  Wow.  I think it is unfortunate that moms who do this often do it without any praise.  What a shame.  Raising kids alone is a test of sanity and every day you get a double helping of humble pie.  It is good though.  My relationships with my kids have only improved.  It has been a rough road though and I can imagine it will be that way for a while.

9:16pm
Well, I have identified why Claire is super cranky in the evening.  Gas.  I found this out after she vomited all over me and then let out an adult burp.  I think all my kids have done this but it was sort of funny.  I had to laugh because doing anything else took too much energy.  I cleaned myself and her up and she took a bit of milk and then went to sleep.  Last night she slept though the night.  Tonight I don't expect that since she did not ingest the same volume of milk that left her body before falling asleep.  Anyway, she is a cute kid and getting some much deserved sleep.  I too will retire shortly and get some rest. 

I went to Target to get Claire's prescription refilled and got tons of stares.  I don't know why.  I had Claire in the Baby Bjorn and she was completely content.  We did some shopping and then the checker in the 15 items or less isle signaled for me to unload my cart.  I had more than 15 items but I got the feeling I was on borrowed time with Claire.  I got loaded up and back home.  I know this sounds so weird but there is a real feeling of Jan still in this home.  I don't mourn as much because of it.  It is a weird feeling but I will take it.  That is something to add to my thankful list.