Sunday, March 22, 2015

22 March 2015 (92 days after The Day)

So, today we got our stuff together and went to church.  Claire downed two bottles while we were there and really didn't cry out that much.  I was surprised.  We had some friends over for dinner tonight.  It was really healing to not be alone.  Jan and I didn't have people over often but having friends over tonight helped get a "normal" feeling back in my home.  It is funny how sometimes I use plural and other times I use the singular when referring to things.  "My home" vs. "We had some friends...". 

I just have been thinking on my relationship with Jan.  I suppose a person will appreciate someone the more they are away from them.  I enjoy seeing reuniting families on YouTube (most are military) but it is so good to see kids and their parent and how they both feel during that time.  I can imagine the time I get to see Jan again.  That time seems so very far away and yet I don't know what the Good Lord has in store for me.  I do feel like Jan is around.  I feel she is close and yet far.

An example of that is today I decided to play a "Finding Bigfoot" show.  I don't know if you have ever seen this show but it is when a group of "Bigfoot Hunters" or researchers go to a town and have a town meeting where they solicit feedback from the locals about any Bigfoot sightings.  They then take this information and go meet one-on-one with these people and learn about how the event transpired.  Once they learn about it they get on this gear that has a night-vision camera facing them  and they go into the woods where the sightings occurred but at night doing yells and wood knocks.  Needless to say I have always found this interesting that those that see Bigfoot don't seem to be yelling or doing wood knocks but nonetheless these characters do.  Jan and I would watch shows like this because we would get to laughing at how these people acted.  Anyways.... watching that show today brought a feeling of laughter back into the home.  It was good and yet Jan wasn't physically here but it sure felt like she was. 

Tomorrow is another busy day.  Every day seems like a busy day.  Claire is 93 days old.  It is crazy how time flies.  I'm glad her health is on the mend.  We go for another EEG in about a month and then we will know how her brain is healing.  I'm praying that she will make a full recovery.