Sunday, December 2, 2018

02 December 2018 (3 years, 11 months, 13 days after The Day)

Well - the holidays are taking a toll on me.  I had such a struggle today at church.  I suppose I just feel the holidays approaching.  For the past few days I have gone to sleep with a migraine and I think I am just stressed out over what the holidays represent.  I really want them to be happy and joy-filled but I just get thrown back to 2014 and the hell I lived through.

It snowed today.  It snowed enough to cover the everything.  This made a bit of effort to get the snow off the vehicle so it could be driven to church.  I used the snow as a teaching moment for Emma since she hasn't driven in it yet.  She drove both to and from church.  I snapped at her on the way home because I felt she wasn't paying attention to the instructions I was giving her.  I'm sure she was just acting like a typical 16 year old but I just got frustrated that Jan isn't here to help her.  She and Jan have so many similarities so perhaps it wouldn't be good but today I just felt alone in trying to help Emma.


Both Ammon and Claire have colds.  Bummer.  They are coughing a ton.  I know it is the season but I hope they both get to feeling better.  

Work is winding down or up for the year (depending on how you look at it) and I am working on a presentation I have to give.  I find myself getting so into the details for what to present that my presentation ends up being twice as long as it needs to be before I scale it back.  This is normal.  So - coupling the juggling of stuff I have with work this week with my frustration at Jan has left me feeling deflated.  I apologized to Samantha today as I know I have been distant and visibly frustrated.  I haven't fully communicated all of this and I think it has just taken me most of the day to identify what has been frustrating me.  I think the key to a happy marriage is a whole lot of patience and long suffering!  Samantha sure has patience with me.  I can only hope I am as patient with her. 

On a funny note - Claire can now get into her bed by herself.  She is still sleeping in the crib.  She is not a climber and is completely content just playing in bed with her  stuffed animals.  Anyway - she showed me and Samantha the other day that she can get in by climbing up the side leaning 1/2 way in and somersaulting into the bed.  It was both scary and funny.  She is so good at getting in this way that it just makes Samantha and I laugh every time.  

I got a chance to see old friends from church in Arlington, TX that came up to put his work on display as a part of an artist gallery.  It was so good to see him and his wife. 

Well - I am winding down for the evening.  I find myself telling stories to the kids when they are young.  Tonight I started one with Ammon and afterwords I thought it was pretty good.  I think I will write them down and build on them.  

Until next time -