Sunday, December 23, 2018

23 December 2018 (4 years and 3 days after The Day)

It seems now that I am writing in this blog on a more regular basis I am having difficulty thinking of things that I should write about because I forget about what I wrote the previous day.  So - today was church.  It was a quick church day... there was a lot of caroling and then that was about it.  We came home.  Dylan got into a fender-bender in the church parking lot and then his car would not start after he turned off the engine.  We are still working through that.  We ate the pork chops for dinner that I smoked the other day.  I thought they were good although most everyone else didn't care for the smoke flavor on the chops.  Oh well.  I suppose I will stick to brisket, pulled pork, ribs, etc..  On a good note I have two pork chops left over for me!

Ammon is sick.  He has slept most of the day and went to bed early.  He didn't eat much and didn't go to church.  He was fighting a fever today.  I feel bad for my kids when they are sick.

Claire has been just a hoot.  She sure can make me laugh as she runs around the house.  Her vocabulary is big enough that she says the funniest of phrases.  After church she put on a t-shirt and kept her tights on.  She then preceded to put on some make believe butterfly wings and fly around the house.  She is so precious.

It is supposed to start snowing tonight.  We have family coming over tomorrow.  I think it will be a bit chaotic since everyone will be inside.  Generally when family comes over they spill outside into the backyard and the house isn't too crazy but I think tomorrow will be a little crazy.

That is it for today.  I'm watching another hallmark movie.  :-)