Monday, December 17, 2018

17 December 2018 (3 years, 11 months, 28 days after The Day)

Today was a good day.  I think it was good because there was a lot to do at work and it kept me busy. I also spent time listening for the door as the Christmas packages were delivered by Amazon.  It seems UPS will knock on the door but other delivery companies (USPS) will not.  They will just put the packages on your doorstep and walk away.  I don't understand why they don't just knock or ring the doorbell.  That is so odd to me.

Claire has a fascination with my wallet.  It is now a prized possession that she seeks to lift from my back pocket.  She is not very subtle and I cannot help but laughing as she jams her entire hand/arm into my pocket to get my wallet.  Once she has it she laughs and shows it to me.  If I try to get it from her immediately she runs off with it as a "catch me" type of moment.  She giggles the entire time.  It makes me smile.

I wrote a Christmas letter about our family this evening and I felt it was really healing.  It gave me a moment to count my blessings and I think we should all do more of that.  As I wrote about everything that has gone on during the year I was left feeling grateful for everything.  I love my family. I am so very thankful for each of them.  I know we all drive each other nuts but I think that is what families do best and I feel closer to them today than I did a year ago.

Well - I'm off to bed.