Saturday, December 29, 2018

29 December 2018 (4 years and 9 days after The Day)

So today I went to see Spider-Man into the Spider-Verse with the older kids.  It was a cute movie.  I went for a walk tonight.  A long hour-long walk.  I'm tired.  How lame is this for an entry.  Well - at least it is an entry.

Here is the deep-thought of the day.  Do you ever wish you had the exact right thing to say at a time that what you say matters but instead you screw it up?  Well - that is me today.  I think we all have trigger words.  For me it is the phrase "you do realize"  Can I just be the person to say THAT is not how a question is started.  Please start with the basic Who, What, When, Where, and Why for a question.  When someone phrases a "question" by starting off saying "you do realize" in my opinion they are NOT trying to ask a question but rather trying to establish their superiority and your inferiority in such a way that it embarrasses you.  I am thrust back to my childhood when my dad would phrase questions like this to me.  So - fast forward to today and I snapped at one of my children when they used that phrase and things just went south.  I apologized for snapping to the child that said this but I still felt the same feelings I did 30+ years ago when my dad would use that phrase on me.  I hate it.  I hate the feeling of someone being domineering.  So - suffice it to say my dad and I were not very close.  I guess at some point in time we all have things that trigger us from our life experiences.  For me I strive to be able to handle myself in every situation.  I guess I failed today.

On that note I will start tomorrow anew.