Tuesday, December 18, 2018

18 December 2018 (3 years, 11 months, 29 days after The Day)

Today was another good day.  It was busy.  That is the trick during the holidays for me.  Stay busy.  I'm off to Home Depot to get a faucet.  I talked with my oldest sister on the phone today.  It was so very good to catch up with her.  It is funny how my sisters and I are so very different from each other.  

It is 9:30 pm and I have not gone to the gym yet.  :-|.  I'm slipping a bit on the gym thing.  I think the holidays make it a challenge.  I also am just absolutely tired.  I do not have trouble falling asleep and that is a good thing for me.  There were times that I struggled to sleep.  I don't think today will be one of those days.

I finished writing a 2018 year in review to mail out with our Christmas cards.  I used the 2017 review to build off of as a template and it is amazing all that has transpired in 12 months.  Samantha has a good habit of the entire family getting our picture taken every couple of years.  I'm glad we have that.  The kids seem so different yet since I live with them I don't see it like I do when I look in at a picture.

Emma picked up a job and is working again and I think that is good.  Alex is getting off of work late tonight so I'm sure he will arrive home exhausted.  We use Disney's Circle device to help manage our device usage here in the house and I just love how we set a bedtime for the TV and it just stops working.  So - on the dot the kids all wander to their rooms and go to bed without us having to tell them to turn off the TV.

And with that in mind - I'm off to bed.