Sunday, December 9, 2018

09 December 2018 (3 years, 11 months, 20 days after The Day)

So today was Sunday.  We went to church as normal.  Samantha and I have been working through some of the challenges of blending our family and instead of going to Sunday School we spent time talking through some of our thoughts and feelings.  It is good to know we are partnering through this. Blending families is not very easy.  We then went to our men/women meetings and I stepped out early from mine.  The leader invited a guy who was a medic to give an overview of some of the safety gear he has to use when called to save people (i.e. either mountainous or water rescues) and in the process I drifted off to reliving seeing Jan be given CPR and I had to step out to clear my head.  Claire was given a balloon in her Sunday school class and she was in very good spirits.  We gathered back at the house and I opted to make myself some chicken noodle soup.  I was cold.  You know the cold that you have internally that you just can't shake?  Well - that was me today.  I changed out of my suit and into some comfy clothes and wore a hooded jacket.  So - I thought chicken noodle soup with some red pepper flakes, carrots, and onions sounded good.  It was good.  Afterwards I took a nap.  Claire was being entertained by Emma and Madilyn and I just crashed.  I awoke feeling much better.  I think  reliving the grief just makes me tired.  Anyway - later this evening Samantha got the recipe to make cinnamon tree ornaments and we all made some.  I helped Claire make some and she was so cute.  We ended the day watching the Chevy Chase film Christmas Vacation (one of my favorites) with the older kids and all had a few laughs.

I recorded her earlier in the day hopping on one of the couch cushions.  She just makes me laugh.  She is getting big.  4yrs is only a few days away.





After my week in the office I am having to catch up on the day-to-day activities that have been slacking so I would imagine that tomorrow will be filled with a lot of to-do's that have been put off for over a week.

Well - until tomorrow.