Saturday, December 8, 2018

08 December 2018 (3 years, 11 months, 19 days after The Day)

So - I have taken a moment this last week.  I had to travel to Arlington.  It is always a tough time for me to be back in Arlington in December.  The weather was rainy and my days were filled with meetings at work.  After my first day there I retired to the hotel and was about to head down to the gym when I had a knock on my hotel door.  I looked through the peephole and saw Samantha hiding off to the side of the door.  I opened the door and was just beside myself.  I was speechless.  I was so very thankful and shocked that she followed me to Arlington.  She arranged for childcare and purchased a ticket a month prior.  It was a complete secret and I have no idea how I didn't get a hint of it or anything.  Anyway, we were able to spend a few days there after my work as a "vacation".  It was nice.

One of Jan and my friends from long ago posted on my Facebook a video about grief.  For those that have never lost someone all I can say is it was very touching.  It was very real.  I both love and hate December.  I relive that hellish moment every year and I strive to put on my happy face but for me it has just been a few tears.

So - I'm back and will write again tomorrow.