Thursday, December 13, 2018

13 December 2018 (3 years, 11 months, 24 days after The Day)

So today I was hyper aware of my need to do things like clean and get things in order.  I did a self test to see if I could just ignore it.  Well - I found out that I could.  So I count that as good news.

I watched a Mark Weins video this evening and he is in Pakistan.  With all the wars in the middle east I have always thought of Pakistan as a place I wouldn't want to visit but to be completely honest this video series of Mark and his family there has changed my perspective.  I think food brings people together.  There are things that can bring joy into our lives regardless of our differences.  There was an older gentleman who was preparing a meal by grinding peppers mortar and pestle and he was smiling ear to ear at seeing himself do that in the camera.  He hugged Mark and I realized that I was smiling too.  I find that children laughing together makes me smile.  Seeing a complete stranger smile a genuine smile makes me happy.  I believe that laughter and yawning are contagious and if I can make someone laugh or smile I have done something good.

The days are ticking by until Claire's 4th birthday.  I think this will be the year that she gets it that it is  her birthday.  She will say things like "happy birthday for me?"  when we say we have to celebrate a birthday (no matter what time of year).  She makes me laugh.  Today she just climbed in my lap a number of times determined for me to work while holding her making me maneuver a number of times  to see over or around her head.

Well - I went to the gym tonight with Emma.  It was good to spend time with her and visit with her.  Sometimes I feel stretched thin to be there for everyone.

Until tomorrow -