Thursday, December 27, 2018

27 December 2018 (4 years and 7 days after The Day)

Last night I decided to go to the gym.  I was so tired of not working out and eating because of the holidays that I knew I needed to get to the gym.  I got dressed and drove to the gym and then realized the gym was closed.  I came back home determined to do something.  I went for a walk.  I decided to just walk and walk and walk.  I wanted to walk until I actually got tired.  I think when I was done I was nearly at 10K steps.  I came home and collapsed on the sofa watching the end of Julie and Julia and then the documentary on Stephen Hawking.  After that I had difficulty walking.  I knew when I woke up today it would be bad.  I put on some icy/hot type of stuff and went to bed.    

Today began with me not being able to walk well when I got up.  Luckily that wore off after an hour.  Mid-morning I went with my father-in-law to use a tow-rope to get Dylan's car to the shop.  When we got to the car and pushed it out I realized that there was no place under the car to hook a tow-rope so we ended up calling a tow truck.  When I got back home the internet was acting up.  I find it frustrating when I am unable to fix a technology issue.  I diagnosed it to a DNS issue and long-story short after going through 2 different routers and contacting the provider I am left with an issue that I cannot fix but I have diagnosed it as a vendor issue.  So until they fix the portion on their side I am left with internet circuit that is temperamental.  I spent the remainder of the day cleaning the house.

All the kids ended up going in different directions.  Samantha and I took Emma and Claire to have a hamburger and came back to the house.  I'm tired and feel like I didn't get much done today.

Perhaps tomorrow will be more productive.