Thursday, December 20, 2018

20 December 2018 (4 years after The Day)

So Happy Birthday to Claire!  She is 4 today.  She is full of funny phrases.  I love her so much.






Jan had this "Think happy be happy" phrase hanging from the van rearview mirror.  I feel so blessed. I had my moments today.  I relived a little.  I had a request come in at work for some very very old data and I had to look over some old backups.  In the midst of doing this I came across a backup that had personal info on it and in it was photos around the funeral.  I just sat there and stared at the photo of the burial vault.  It is blue... her favorite color.  It seems like a dream.  One life ends and another begins.  Claire is so precious.  Combining both her and Samantha I have really healed a lot but in all honesty, the pain doesn't ever leave.  It seems as potent as the day everything occurred.  

On a different note - I have my smoker prepped for tomorrow morning.  I'm working a 1/2 day tomorrow and I figured I would get the briskets in early so I could pull them out early and perhaps go on a date with Samantha.  I learned the hard way through Jan not to put off tomorrow what you can do today.  Dates with your spouse are so important.  

So - thanks for your thoughts and prayers - I felt today was tough but doable.

Until tomorrow-