Saturday, December 22, 2018

22 December 2018 (4 years and 2 days after The Day)

Today started out rough.  Memories returned of being called to the hospital.  I recall leaving my kids knowing that the probability of me coming back with bad news that would forever change our lives was becoming more of a reality every day.  As I shared these memories Samantha was so patient with me.  She really just allowed me to be in a safe place as I fell apart.  I love her so much.

She asked me what I wanted today... to be busy or do my own thing... I told her I wanted to be busy.  I stayed busy and today was a good day.  I cut up the briskets and man were they good!  I know it is a silly thing but wow did they look and taste so good!  I finally got the smoke ring to turn out right.  I'm happy about that.  Samantha and I ate some for lunch and wow was it good!  After a few errands here and there we ended the day watching a Hallmark movie.  I am happy that it is ending on a positive note.

Until later -