Friday, May 1, 2015

01 May 2015 (132 days after The Day)

Today seemed like a "new normal" day.  Same routine.  Same challenges.  I picked up my girls from their Shakespeare performance tonight and while I was driving to pick them up I just had a chat with Jan.  I guess it was the first time in a while that I just opened up.  It was good to release some of that emotion that has churned over in my mind.  Shortly after I got back home I realized I am tired.  Really tired.  Like the tired I felt directly after Jan passed.  I realized that 30 min of emotion takes a lot of energy to process.  I know I have more to process so I am just trying to identify a system that will support that.

I arrived back home with my girls being exhausted and Ammon asleep.  I am tired too.  Madilyn has a soccer game tomorrow and then the performance later that night.  I still need to figure out Mother's Day.