Monday, May 11, 2015

11 May 2015 (142 days after The Day)

Today my kids and I read a little more in the scriptures.  I think I am enjoying our time more and more like I used to.  We all have sad moments but tonight was a good night and I felt we all bonded.  I have thought on the differences my kids have from my own childhood.  When I was their age I was on my bicycle roaming the neighborhood.  I was rarely at home.  I would leave for hours only to return for a snack or when persuaded by my mom using the original "cell phone" which involved her tuning in her mother's intuition and driving through the neighborhood until she found me.  These days being outside is less safe and kids are forced to spend many more hours in the home than out.  With Jan less involved in the physical day to day it has me wondering how can I support my kids in all their activities during the summer and after school when I am at work.  I suppose this is the struggle of any single parent.