Tuesday, May 5, 2015

05 May 2015 (136 days after The Day)

Today at group therapy we discussed forgiveness and the healing that comes from it.  I've been thinking on the grudges I carry.  I carry them to justify the injustice given to either me or Jan.  Recently I was able to let go of a lot of baggage I carried around regarding my father.  It was very healing to let go of it.  We discussed the question "Is forgiveness is instant?".  Everyone said no except me.  I think that it may take a while to get to a point of wanting to forgive but once you do you no longer have to carry the burden with you.  I am working on letting go of those injustices.  I am working to be free of that burden.

Emma, Madilyn, Ammon, and Claire are all healing as well in their own ways.  Below is a pic I got after Madilyn's baptism.


 Yes, I am still wearing my wedding band.  I don't know when I will be ready to remove it.  I think that will come with time.  I am so happy for Madilyn.  She has matured so much over the last year.  It is scary to think in the not to distant future Emma will be driving.  I'm so not ready for that.  And Ammon is just a ham.  He seriously knows how to make me laugh.  Claire seems very selective on who she decides to smile at; however, once she does it lights up her face.  I love it.