Sunday, May 3, 2015

03 May 2015 (134 days after The Day)

So I have thought today on the need for honesty for healing to really occur.  I am amazed at how healing can occur when someone opens up and is real with the challenges they face.  This has happened with me as well.  I have found that I am not alone.  It is funny how we all may feel alone when going through challenges.  We think nobody understands or nobody has problems like ours.  I found this to be false.  While the problems others face may be different the way we respond to them seems to be similar.  The same isolation and wishing for reprieve is all to common.  I find myself looking around at all the people I see and realize everyone is facing challenges just like me in different ways.

I have thought how we all put on our game face to help others believe we are better than we really are.  Perhaps we do this to avoid dealing with our issues.  To avoid judgement from others.  How healing it is to know that the one that you believe has all their stuff in order is really doesn't.  Why?  Because we just want to know that normal isn't perfection.  We are all dealing with challenges.

#honesty