Wednesday, September 2, 2015

31 Aug 2015 (254 days after The Day)

Monday has come too soon.  I had to take Ammon to get some shots and have some blood work done.  It was the first time that he was really aware that this was going on.  Jan in the past would take him and get his shots.  The school administrator previously asked me if he was up to speed on his shots... I thought... I don't know if he has ever had any.  Seriously.  That is how removed I am.  So I got with his doctor and saw the huge listing of shots he had received throughout his life.  I was both relieved and saddened.  I was relieved that Ammon didn't need but just two more shots.  I also was saddened as to how removed I had been from our children's care.  I feel the same with Emma and Madilyn.  Obviously with Claire I am up to speed but it was tough.  Another tough requirement of this school Ammon is in is they require pre-diabetes testing and this requires blood work.  Ammon and I have deep veins.  This means the phlebotomist needs to know their stuff.  With Ammon it took two people to draw his blood and I was holding Ammon's face so he wouldn't watch..  That made me queasy the rest of the day.  He was a trooper.  I'm glad the day is over.