Monday, August 31, 2015

30 Aug 2015 (253 days after The Day)

Time - time seems to be a constant.  In math equations I always treated time as such but dealing with death is just eye opening.  Does time stop for anyone?  Is time a respecter of persons?  It doesn't matter if someone feels completely justified - time moves on.  It doesn't matter if the person is a prince or a pauper - time moves on.  Steadily... consistently.... time moves forward.  The consistency of time at times is cruel.  Until Jan died I never had a desire to go back in time.  I lived my life to be the best husband, father, brother, son, friend I could be.  I live this way so I will have no regrets.  The one thing that proved itself to me is the phrase "hindsight is 20/20".  After Jan's death I have an understanding of what Jan did on a daily basis that I took for granted.  I can learn from that moving forward... but I cannot go back in time.  She was an amazing mother and wife.  I am thankful for our time.