Thursday, August 6, 2015

06 Aug 2015 (229 days after The Day)

Today I juggled lots of projects.  Lots of moving pieces and lots of activities.  With all the activity at work I am wondering how single parents do it all.  By the time dinner is done and cleaned up it seems it is time for bed.   

My cold is getting better - but I still struggle with coughing.  I'm sure the meds are working ... it is just taking a moment.  I'm glad I went in when I did.

I have found it is easy to talk to other widows and widowers about my loss.  It seems odd that a life event like a death can isolate you so very easily with loved ones caring but not really understanding.  Heck, I myself thought - one day I will be a widower... when I am 80 or so.... Jan and I had a desire of growing old together and dying together...  She did say - "If one of us goes - I hope it is me because I don't want to live without you".  I wish I had that recorded... for now I just play that memory back in my mind.  I think... 8 months is not that long... it is ok.  On the other hand 8 months seems like an eternity.  When I talk to other widows and widowers that is when I understand that life goes on and you can smile again.  That your spouse wants you to smile and laugh again.  It is hard to allow yourself to do such things - but it is so healing when laughter occurs.