Wednesday, August 5, 2015

05 Aug 2015 (228 days after The Day)

So I did something today that I haven't done in a long while... I took a sick day.  I have been very congested and not sleeping so I went to the doctor.  They prescribed a 'z-pack' and some cough syrup.  I don't know who designs the flavorings of these liquid medicines but yeah... I was doing good not to loose it after I swallowed.  Nasty.  Just nasty.  My kids got a good laugh out of that.  Dad taking medicine.

I have thought on how in the scriptures they refer to the prideful as those with "iron sinew" or "stiff necks"  I found the following defination of humility:

To make meek and teachable, or the condition of being meek and teachable. Humility includes recognizing our dependence upon God and desiring to submit to his will.

I realize the action word in that definition - "to make".  Just as the furnace will soften metal... so it seems with life we experience life events to humble us... to make us mold-able.  I was talking with my mom today and realized that the quickest way through the darkness is to not resist.  To readily accept what is there even if it isn't what you want.  Just as Jesus Christ spoke with Saul telling him it was hard for him to "kick against the pricks" so I ask myself why do I do the same?  Truth is and always will be there.  It will will never fade and will outlive the Earth.  So - it makes sense that I yield to truth.. and accept what it is.  I am learning these lessons slowly.  I realize God loves all his kids... all the trials and struggles he allows us to experience is to prepare us to love more.  To endure more... to live more - to learn to forgive and to learn how to love.  I thought I knew how to love.  My love for my kids and my wife have grown exponentially since her passing.  I don't see that as a bad thing even though the life event that brought it is horrific.  I am learning to say "ok dad" to my Heavenly Father with a calm face and calm body.  I am learning how to accept a 'no' answer and while it is hard... I take comfort that my Heavenly Father is mindful of all his children and these events will be to my benefit.