Sunday, August 16, 2015

15 Aug 2015 (238 days after The Day)

I have been amazed with how the Good Lord will work through others to bring peace back into my life when only a few months ago I struggled to just live.  This life event has hit me to the core.  It has challenged any and all beliefs I have on the eternities.  It has helped to re-prioritize my life with things that really matter.  What heals grief?  Love.  I have been surrounded by friends and family who's outpouring of love has brought peace.  I was introduced to a widow/widowers group where others who have experienced this hell have a place to vent and support each other.  There is a scriputre that I have found to be true... it goes like this

And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.

How does God work - through you and me.  By small and simple means.  A phone call - a comforting hug - a listening ear.  For all who have helped me through this I extend my appreciation that you allowed yourself to be an instrument in the hands of God.  I have indeed felt His love and comforting arm and I owe it to everyone who stood up and helped.  Thank you.  Thank you all.