Sunday, August 16, 2015

14 Aug 2015 (237 days after The Day)

Today I had the opportunity of cleaning the temple.  Where I go to church we have buildings called temples where sacred ordinances are performed.  One of the ordinances performed in temples is marriage where the couples are married for time and all eternity.  Anyway - I haven't been to the temple in some time and was tasked with vacuuming.  These buildings are big.  I spent a few hours vacuuming and then a friend of mine gave me a tour of this specific temple.  The entire time I was there I felt so much peace.  It was really nice.  I was taken to the sealing room where marriages are done and just wept.  You see - in these rooms they are white, with a few white chairs and have mirrors that give the impression of eternity as they face each other.  If you stand in front of the mirror with your spouse you can see your reflection carried off forever as a symbol of your marriage.  So - when I walked through there... I just was taken back to the day Jan and I married- I was filled with grief and happiness at the same time.  I was missing Jan tremendously and felt comforted by the eternities represented in the room.  I never thought I would feel that way there after feeling just so much peace.  It was a tender moment for sure.