Friday, August 21, 2015

21 Aug 2015 (244 days after The Day)

ok... so today was a crazy day -

  1. since my knee was injured I was scheduled to go to physical therapy.  That would be the first time for me.  Yeah... that was painful.  Learned some exercises I can do and yep... they all hurt.
  2. we took Claire to a follow-up appointment with the neurologist.  He said he would like to do a MRI on her in a few months.  So - we scheduled a time and will wait for it.  Overall he was pleased with her progress.
  3. There was a package waiting for me when I got home.  I opened it up and it was a hand-drawn picture of the family... but the artist had drawn in Jan holding Claire.  I just wept.  It was a project initiated by one of Jan's best friends and paid for by a huge group of people from Houston.  I wept again.  This is the pic below.  One of the things I just wanted Jan to do was to hold Claire.  This pic would be what it would be like.

  4. The washing machine did two things
    1. started filling and overfilled spilling water all over the utility room
    2. would not do the rinse cycle or agitate the clothing
    3. I identified what I need to do and am ordering the parts.

On that note - I am going to bed.  I have been so very blessed.