Wednesday, August 19, 2015

19 Aug 2015 (242 days after The Day)

So on this 242nd day after The Day I have been able to reflect back on the changes I have made in my life.  So many changes and so many things still have not changed.  Those that have have been huge milestones for me.  I suppose all changes are milestones.  Overall - I think the major ones that have been the most difficult are

1.)  giving yourself permission to feel
2.)  giving yourself permission to heal
3.)  giving yourself permission to change

I have a strong amount of respect for all that Jan did for our little family.  I have a newfound understanding of what I am capable of.  Even now - I look back and think - those are some hard memories and I am glad they are over.  That seems to be healing - just reflecting on all that has transpired.  Looking down the latter to see how far I have climbed.  It gives motivation to move forward.