Tuesday, August 4, 2015

04 Aug 2015 (227 days after The Day)

So today was an odd evening.... we didn't have any activities in the evening.  It was nice not having to run around anywhere. 

I have thought on the duties of Jan... the things I just flat took for granted.  The things Jan did as my wife and as a mother to our kids.  I just took so many things for granted.  I look at Claire and think.... I want her to have a mom.  I think Jan does too.  I suppose this event is sobering.  It is helping me to accept life for what it is and determine what I need to do to pick up the pieces and move forward.  I have said it before - I will always miss Jan.  I really do feel like a portion of me died with her.  I also feel I have to just accept what it is and figure out how to move forward even though I am in pain.  Time has helped me get strength.  The pain has lessened now that I have embraced it.  I know I will see her again and it is my duty to be the best darn father there ever was.  I want my kids and I to return home to her one day knowing we did our best.  That is my goal.  That is my objective.